Our occasional e-newsletter, usually published once or twice a month, with links to events, articles, videos, websites, & more relating to racism & racial justice.
Saturday, April 7, 2018: Youth Speak Out
FREE! 10:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. at the First Congregational Church, 43 Silver Street, Greenfield MA
Area teens will talk about their hopes and concerns, in their lives, their schools, and our communities.
March 3, 2018 – Step Up! Bystander Training
February 3, 2018 – Immigration and Trump: Franklin County’s Response
January 6, 2018 – 13TH, film and discussion
Info and photos from other past RJR programs here
Videos of our programs and more on Racial Justice Rising’s YouTube channel
Do Black Lives Matter To You?
Please join us.
Saturdays 9-10 a.m.
on the Greenfield Common
Sponsored by Racial Justice Rising
Visioning Bear Circle Intertribal Coalition
Saturday, March 10, Easthampton MA: Transforming Education for Social Justice Conference
Saturday, March 24, Northampton MA: Pioneer Valley March For Our Lives
Wednesday, March 28, Bronx NY: Audre Lorde/Women’s History Month
April 4-7, 2018, Grand Rapids MI: WPC 19, the 2018 annual White Privilege Conference
April 4 – May 21, various MA locations: The Importance and Meaning of the Indigenous Ceremonial Store Landscape
Saturday, April 7, Quincy MA: Massachusetts Poor People’s Campaign first mass meeting
April 19-21, Springfield MA: Undoing Racism Workshop for Youth and Adults Working with Youth
Sunday April 22, Boston MA: Walk Against Genocide
Saturday May 6, Greenfield MA: All Souls Unitarian Church’s annual Antiracism Film Festival – save the date!
May 9-12, Ryerson, ON, CA: White Privilege Conference – Global
May 13 – June 22, U.S: Poor People’s Campaign’s 40 Days of Action
June 8-10, Northampton MA: Undoing Racism Workshop with the People’s Institute for Survival and Beyond, organized by UROC of Western MA. For more info: email@example.com or 413-222-8793 , or click here to register
November 8-10, Detroit MI: Facing Race, A National Conference, from ColorLines
Email us your announcements of racial justice-related events and we will include in our listings if possible. Events from across the country and beyond are welcome!
– Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call For Moral Revival
– Poor People’s Campaign: 40 Days Of Action to fight poverty, by Eleanor J. Bader at AlterNet
– Black Lives Matter Co-Founder Patrice Khan-Cullors on Race and Gun Violence, a video from Huffington Post
– Group Releases Tools To Help Organizers Respond To Racial Crises, by Kenrya Rankin at Colorlines
– Dear White Teen Gun Control Activists: Could You Ask For A Few Things For Black America? by Michael Harriot at The Root
– Drastically Changing How We Fight For Justice, by Shaun King at Medium
Criminal Justice and Injustice
– The Second Amendment Was Ratified to Preserve Slavery, by Thom Hartmann at Raw Story
Half Century of Civil Rights Gains Stalled Or Reversed, by David Smith at the Guardian
Know Your Rights
– What Arab Americans Should Know If The FBI Comes Calling, by Michael Springmann at Arab Americanno
– Puerto Rican Artists Are Healing The Spirits That Hurricane Maria Broke, by Samuel Granados and Kevin Shaul at the Washington Post
– South Africa Votes To Confiscate White-Owned Land, by Frank Chung at news.com.au
– Descendants of Slaves Celebrate Brazilian Land Rights Victory, by Dom Philips at The Guadian, Brazil
White Supremacy/White Antiracism
– Required Reading For White America, from the Boston Globe
– What Well-Meaning White People Need To Know About Race, an interview with Bryan Stevenson from Pacific Standard
The members of Racial Justice Rising are ordinary people who are troubled by the persistent racism that plagues this country. Believing that the damage caused by racism must be repaired before our society can be whole, we work for just and respectful treatment for all. We share a vision of a multi-racial, multi-cultural, multi-lingual, and multi-faith community.
Our mission is to:
While much of our work is focused in our local area, Franklin County, MA, we reach out to and are connected with the broader movements in our region and the nation.
Thank you, readers who send us information for these newsletters! We welcome links to articles, videos, event listings, and other resources.
– We welcome your feedback!
– Please share with others who might be interested.
– To be removed from this email list, please reply with “remove” in the subject line.
© 2021 Racial Justice Rising  Theme by Themesmob