Our occasional e-newsletter, usually published once or twice a month, with links to events, articles, videos, websites, & more relating to racism & racial justice.
We are excited to share this video about RJR with you!
It’s part of our Valley Gives fundraising campaign – you’ll hear more from us about this soon.
Racial Justice Rising’s activities:
Our FREE monthly programs are held at the First Congregational Church of Greenfield, 43 Silver Street, almost always on the first Saturday morning of the month.
Free childcare by reservation.
Learn about some of our past programs here
See videos of our programs and more on Racial Justice Rising’s YouTube channel
New: video of our March program, Spoken Word: An Art With A History
Vigil For Racial Justice
Every Saturday, 9-10 on the Greenfield Common
Please join us!
Sponsored by Racial Justice Rising and the Visioning Bear Circle Intertribal Council
Articles, websites, and other resources
– Take The Pledge, Protect Black Girls, a petition at Organizefor.com
– George Washington’s Biracial Family, by Danny Lewis at the Smithsonian
– Black Lives of UU Urges Adoption Of 8th Principle by Black Lives UU at Medium.com
– An Entire Black Community Was Destroyed To Build Central Park, by Healther Gilligan at Timeline
– How To Think Differently About Diversity in Nonprofit Leadership: Get Comfortable with Discomfort, by Sean Thomas-Brighfield at NonProfit Quarterly
– A resource list from Coming To the Table – books, films, etc.
– Racism Is A Scourge On the Public’s Health, by Ellen Isaacs at MultiRacial Unity
– A historical perspective: Brave Hearts, When Lowell Was A Sanctuary City for Fugitive Slaves, by Robert Forrant at WBUR
– First Protected DREAMer Deported Under Trump, from USA Today
– Immigrant Rights Action Ends in Three Arrests, from Colorlines
– Texas Voter ID Law Intentionally Discriminates, by Manny Fernandez at the New York Times
– If you’re Black/Why cops shoot, from the Tampa Herald
– Whites Only: SURJ And The Caucasian Invasion Of Racial Justice Spaces by Didi Delgado at The Establishment
– What The Woman Who Invented the Term “White Fragility” Thinks About Trump, by Alissa Greenberg at The Stranger
– When Life Hacking Is Really White Privilege, by Jen Dziura at Medium
Other groups’ events:
The members of Racial Justice Rising are ordinary people who are troubled by the persistent racism that plagues this country. Believing that the damage caused by racism must be repaired before our society can be whole, we work for just and respectful treatment for all. We share a vision of a multi-racial, multi-cultural, multi-lingual, and multi-faith community.
Our mission is to:
● Help build the movement for racial justice by contributing to a deeper understanding of systemic racism and racial justice.
● Engage in restorative activities that help to heal the racial divide and bring justice for people targeted by racism.
While much of our work is focused in our local area, Franklin County, MA, we reach out to and are connected with the broader movements in our region and the nation.
Thank you, readers who send us information for these newsletters! We welcome links to articles, videos, event listings, and other resources.
– We welcome your feedback!
– Please share with others who might be interested.
– To be removed from this email list, please reply with “remove” in the subject line.
© 2016 Racial Justice Rising | Theme by Mizmizi