Our occasional e-newsletter, usually published once or twice a month, with links to events, articles, videos, websites, & more relating to racism & racial justice.
Racial Justice Rising’s activities:
Our free monthly programs are held at the First Congregational Church of Greenfield, 43 Silver Street, almost always on the first Saturday morning of the month.
Free childcare by reservation.
Articles, websites, and other resources
Apologies for Slavery
– Denmark Moravians Apologize For Slavery of Virgin Islands, from the Virgin Islands Consortium (editorial comment: Do they even mention reparations? what do you think?)
– What Biracial People Know, by Moises Velasquez-Manoff in the New York Times
– Hawaiians Fight for Sovereignity, a video from AJ+
– My Undocumented Friend, by Terry J. Allen in The Guardian
– Nine New England Communities Labeled Uncooperative by ICE, by Isaiah Thompson at WGBH
– Federal Judge Releases Two Vermont Activists, Third Remains Detained, by Kathleen Masterson and Rebecca Sananes at VPR
– No Excuses Not To Talk About Immigration, a short video and history of U.S. immigration policy from The Skimm
– 50+ Activist Organizations Unite as ‘The Majority’ to Advocate for Collective Justice, by Kenrya Rankin at Colorlines
– Despair is not a Strategy – 15 Principles of Hope by Abby Brockman at Medium
– Talking Standing Rock, from Fusion
– If you are white, read this: Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon To White America by Michael Eric Dyson
– How To Reinforce White Supremacy By Focusing On Diversity and Inclusion, by Kyra at Model View Culture
– Stop Being An Ally, #AccomplicesNotAllies, a video from This Matters
– Welcome To The Antiracism Movement. Here’s What You’ve Missed, by Ijeoma Olua at The Establishment
Other groups’ events:
The members of Racial Justice Rising are ordinary people who are troubled by the persistent racism that plagues this country. Believing that the damage caused by racism must be repaired before our society can be whole, we work for just and respectful treatment for all. We share a vision of a multi-racial, multi-cultural, multi-lingual, and multi-faith community.
Our mission is to:
● Help build the movement for racial justice by contributing to a deeper understanding of systemic racism and racial justice.
● Engage in restorative activities that help to heal the racial divide and bring justice for people targeted by racism.
While much of our work is focused in our local area, Franklin County, MA, we reach out to and are connected with the broader movements in our region and the nation.
Thank you, readers who send us information for these newsletters! We welcome links to articles, videos, event listings, and other resources.
– We welcome your feedback!
– Please share with others who might be interested.
© 2019 Racial Justice Rising | Theme by Themesmob