Our occasional e-newsletter, usually published once or twice a month, with links to events, articles, videos, websites, & more relating to racism & racial justice.
Our FREE monthly programs are almost always held at the First Congregational Church of Greenfield, 43 Silver Street, on the first Saturday morning of the month. However…
WE WILL NOT HAVE A PROGRAM IN JULY
Our next program will be on Saturday, August 26, on the intersection of racism and education with Marianna Islam, Director of Programs and Advocacy for the Schott Foundation for Public Education. More info coming soon.
Photos, video, and links from recent programs
Info and photos from other past RJR programs here
Videos of our programs and more on Racial Justice Rising’s YouTube channel
Black In America
– An Ode To Black Women from Black Lives Matter co-founder Alicia Garza’s graduation speech,
– The National Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America (N’COBRA) has been organizing for reparations for African descendants in the United States since 1987. See the “Other Groups’ Events” section below for a link to their annual convention later this month.
– This Could Be Reparations’ Best Chance Since 1865, by Salim Muwakkil at In These Times
– Noose Found At National Museum of African American History and Culture, by Lorraine Boissonault at Smithsonian.com
– Green Book Mobile App Turns Painful History of Driving While Black Into Tool For Learning, by Michael Harriot at The Root
– The Fire This Time essays, memoirs, and poems about race, collected by Jessamyn Ward
– America Has Locked Up So Many Black People It Has Warped Our Sense of Reality, by Jeff Guo at the Washington Post
– Download The Complete Malcolm X, including audio, video, documents, more
June 5-30, Amherst MA: Institute for Transforming Social Justice
June 6-8, Keene NH: Building A Better World: Practical Skills for Mindfulness and Social Change
Thursday, June 8: Movement for Black Lives national info call to plan for Juneteenth Day of Action
June 9-10, Amherst MA: Community Dialog On Race for people who live or work in Hampshire County
Saturday, June 11, Amherst MA: Race Amity Day
Saturday, June 11, Lee MA: Race Amity Day
Sunday, June 12, Brattleboro VT: Racial Justice Organizing Meeting with Lost River Racial Justice
Thursday, June 15, Amherst MA: Videos on Race and Intersectionality, film and discussion with Coming Together
Monday, June 19: 40 Acres, 40 Cities, One Day with the Movement for Black Lives
Thursday, June 22, Los Angeles: Building Racial Equity Training with Race Forward
June 22-25, Dallas TX: N’COBRA’s 28th Annual National Convention on reparations in America
Saturday, June 24, Newark NJ: March For Reparations
June 27-28, Boston MA: National Education Association’s Conference on Racial & Social Justice
July 7-8-9, Amherst MA: Jimmy and Lorraine, a play about James Baldwin and Lorraine Hansberry
Through September, North Adams MA: Mass MOCA Exhibit Wants You To Do More Than Just Talk About Race and Violence
Thursday, September 21, Chicago: Building Racial Equity Training with Race Forward
Thursday, October 19, Washington DC: Building Racial Equity Training with Race Forward
The members of Racial Justice Rising are ordinary people who are troubled by the persistent racism that plagues this country. Believing that the damage caused by racism must be repaired before our society can be whole, we work for just and respectful treatment for all. We share a vision of a multi-racial, multi-cultural, multi-lingual, and multi-faith community.
Our mission is to:
While much of our work is focused in our local area, Franklin County, MA, we reach out to and are connected with the broader movements in our region and the nation.
Thank you, readers who send us information for these newsletters! We welcome links to articles, videos, event listings, and other resources.
Racial Justice Rising
– We welcome your feedback!
– Please share with others who might be interested.
– To be removed from this email list, please reply with “remove” in the subject line.
© 2016 Racial Justice Rising | Theme by Mizmizi