Our occasional e-newsletter, usually published once or twice a month, with links to events, articles, videos, websites, & more relating to racism & racial justice.
Racial Justice Rising’s activities:
Please consider coming to our Community Conversation on June 4th in Greenfield
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (doors open at 10)
First Congregational Church 43 Silver Street Greenfield MA 01301
Please join us for a conversation about:
-What happened before, during and after our Jan. 9th program, White Privilege Then and Now
– Capacity building: why we need YOU if we are going to return to monthly programming, robust web and social media presence, grant writing and reporting and more.
To reserve free childcare, please email by May 30th
We will listen to concerns, share our thinking up to this point, and discuss how to move forward. We know we have made mistakes and that some are angry, hurt, or feel marginalized by us. We assume all will come in good faith as we will.
We also know many people welcome the potential return of monthly programs and other ways RJR can be of use in the community. We will need your support to increase the capacity of this tiny, all volunteer organization in order to do that.
We look forward to seeing you again!
Join us on Saturday mornings!
Articles, websites, and other resources
– The Logbooks: Connecticut’s Slave Ships and Human Memory, by Anne Farrow
– Ashes to Ashes is a new Springfield, MA based organization commemorating the victims of lynching.
– Argentina replaces Columbus statue with Indigenous heroine, from TELEsur.
– How American oligarchs created the concept of race to divide and conquer the poor, by Courtland Milloy at the Washington Post
– Five Things To Know About Communities of Color and Environmental Justice, by Jasmine Bell at American Progress
– Medical schools don’t do enough to fight racism, by Jennifer Adaeze Anyaegbunam at Stat News
– 272 Slaves were sold to save Georgetown University. Now What does it owe their descendants? by Rachel Swarns at the New York Times
White Privilege/White Antiracism
– Eurocentric Bipolar Disorder, from Awakening the Horse
– Organizing White People by Ella Mahoney, at Skin Deep: Race & Culture
Other groups’ events:
* Find us on Facebook *
– We welcome your feedback!
– Please share with others who might be interested.
– To be removed from this email list, please reply with “remove” in the subject line.
© 2016 Racial Justice Rising | Theme by Mizmizi