Our occasional e-newsletter, usually published once or twice a month, with links to events, articles, videos, websites, & more relating to racism & racial justice.
It takes a village…
Knia, a high school junior who plans to go to medical school, is part of our village.
Her GoFundMe site, Knia’s Dream To Be A Doctor, will tell you about her dreams and achievements, and how you can help.
Criminal Justice & Injustice
– Report Hate At School – report incidents to the Southern Poverty Law Center
– Since When Did Police Officers Replace the Principal’s Office? by Victor Leung at ACLU
Environment & Racism
– The People of Eight Mile, AL Deserve Justice, a petition from Color of Change
Indigenous, First Peoples, Native Americans
– Interactive time-lapse map shows how the U.S. took more than 1.5 billion acres from Native Americans, by Rebecca Onion and Claudio Saunt at Slate.com
– How To Talk About #NoDAPL: A Native Perspective, by Kelly Hayes at Transformative Spaces
– 10 Ways You Can Help The Standing Rock Sioux Fight The Dakota Access Pipeline, by Jay Syrmopoulos at Free Thought Project
– Standing Rock Syllabus, from NYC Stands With Standing Rock
Whiteness, White Privilege, White Antiracism
– White Friends, We Need To Get Real... (post from Twitter)
The members of Racial Justice Rising are ordinary people who are troubled by the persistent racism that plagues this country. Believing that the damage caused by racism must be repaired before our society can be whole, we work for just and respectful treatment for all. We share a vision of a multi-racial, multi-cultural, multi-lingual, and multi-faith community.
Our mission is to:
While much of our work is focused in our local area, Franklin County, MA, we reach out to and are connected with the broader movements in our region and the nation.
Thank you, readers who send us information for these newsletters! We welcome links to articles, videos, event listings, and other resources.
– We welcome your feedback!
– Please share with others who might be interested.
– To be removed from this email list, please reply with “remove” in the subject line.
© 2016 Racial Justice Rising | Theme by Mizmizi