Mass Slavery Apology’s activities:
Undoing Our Own Racism discussion series
We are planning a meeting in September to talk about restarting the group.
Contact us to learn more.
See description of group on Events page.
Join us at our free monthly programs in Greenfield
All programs are at the First Congregational Church of Greenfield, 43 Silver Street, Greenfield MA 01301. (A big thank you to the First Congregational Church of Greenfield for your support!) Programs are almost always on the first Saturday morning of the month. Free snacks and childcare. For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.massslaveryapology.org
Saturday, September 12: Youth Speak Out: Teens of Color Talk About Their Experiences In Our Schools. Educators and school administrators are especially invited to attend.
Join us for a lunch of home-cooked Ethiopian food following the program! RSVP by 9/6/15. Suggested donation $5- $20
Saturday, October 3: A Program on Today’s Prison System & connections with U.S. slavery, racism, & labor exploitation, with Mel Motel.
Check out Mass Slavery Apology’s new YouTube channel for videos of our programs and more.
– New! Chris Tinson’s August 8th presentation, What Reparations Forces Us To Do.
– One People, One Earth! with Brother NorthStar
– Black Lives/Black History with Gloria De,Layne Matlock and Adam Matlock
Many thanks to George Aguiar & Eddy Russell!
Articles, websites, and other resources
– Hell You Talmbout by Janelle Monae and Wondaland
– Could Black People in the U.S. Qualify As Refugees? by Raha Jorjani in the Washington Post
– Ferguson: After Protests For Racial Justice, Activists Ask: What Next?, by John Eligon & Mitch Smith in the New York Times
– A list of children’s books that celebrate Black boys on Bino & Fino: Celebrating My Child’s Black Identity
– Teaching While White by Molly Tansy at Teaching Tolerance
– Why Racial Justice Work Needs To Address Settler Colonialism and Native Rights by Rachel Kuo at Everyday Feminism
– Groundwork for Change provides information to help non-Indigenous (settler) peoples grow relationships with Indigenous peoples that are rooted in justice and solidarity.
– Racism in the Air You Breathe: When/Where You Live Determines How Fast You Die, by Charles D. Ellison at The Root
– Land-Based Resistance at Unist’ot’en Camp, by Brett Rhyno at Briarpatch Magazine
– John McCain Chased Off Reservation by Angry Navajo Nation Activists, by David Ferguson at Raw Story
– Meet Ricardo, an Undocumented Immigrant Who Works At A Trump Hotel, a video from New Left Media
– 50 Years Since Death of Puerto Rican Leader Tortured By U.S., from TelesurTV
– Why It’s Important to Remember Cuba’s Connection to Africa, by Tonyaa Weathersbee at The Root
– What Does My Headscarf Mean To You? a TED talk by Yassmin Abdel-Magied
White Privilege/White Antiracism
– “Even White People Are Sick of White People’s Bullshit” by Keith Rose on Twitter
– 8 Antiracist Commitments, from Meta-Activism
– Spiritual Practices for White Discomfort, by Annie Gonzalez Milliken at Blue Boat
Other groups’ events:
Thank you, readers who send us information for these newsletters!
We welcome links to articles, videos, event listings, and other resources.
Because almost half of our 500+ readers are from other regions than our own, we’d love to list more events in other locales.
* Find us on Facebook *
– Please share with others who might be interested.