Saturday, July 11th
Giant Eclectic Yard Sale
8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
132 Federal Street, Greenfield
Hey local folks, c’mon over!
All sales will support our free monthly programs.
Art, antiques, plants, antique photos, ephemera, Asian imports, small furniture, collectibles, books, household goods, toys, clothes, tools, camping & sports equipment, jewelry, vintage items….
Special guest: N’zimah’s Essentials body care products.
& a live band with music for all tastes!
Email us to learn more or if you want to help out.
Saturday, August 1, Turners Falls: Pocumtuck Homelands Festival. This is a beautiful event organized by our friends at the Nolumbeka Project, with music, Indigenous food and handcrafts, true history, and more. We’ll have a table with information & conversation.
We will not have a program in July
The Undoing Our Own Racism monthly discussion series is not meeting in June, July, or August.
Join us at our free monthly programs in Greenfield:
All programs are at the First Congregational Church of Greenfield, 43 Silver Street, Greenfield MA 01301. (A big thank you to the First Congregational Church of Greenfield for your support!) They are almost always on the first Saturday morning of the month.
More info on all of these to come.
Check out Mass Slavery Apology’s new YouTube channel!
We will be posting videos of our programs, and more. Currently available:
– Black Lives/Black History with Gloria De,Layne Matlock and Adam Matlock
– Video of the April 14 Black Lives Matter action in Springfield MA.
Many thanks to George Aguiar!
– The Atlantic Slave Trade in Two Minutes, an interactive map from Slate
In the Wake of Charleston
– Things Fall Apart: On Mother Emanuel and White Terrorism, by Kirsten West Savali at The Root
– Black Protests vs. White Riots, a new 3-minute film from Brave New Films
– Dear White America: Come and See How Black People Bury Our Dead by Stacey Patton at Dame Magazine
– How You Can Help Rebuild & Where to Speak Out About the 8 Burned Churches by Kenrya Rankin Naasel at Colorlines
– Latest Blow to Black AME Churches In SC: Letters Threaten to Kill Women Pastors and Their Children, by David Edwards at Raw Story
Reparations for Slavery
– An announcement about the John Hope Franklin Presidential Commission and Initiative on Reparatory Justice for People of African Descent in America, from Institute of the Black World, and the proposal to the White House.
– What is Whiteness? by Nell Irvin Painter in the NY Times
– 9 Ways You Can Use Your White Privilege For Good, from MTV (of all places)
Our Vision & Mission
Mass Slavery Apology is a small racial justice group based in Franklin County, MA.
The members of Mass Slavery Apology are ordinary people who are troubled by the persistent racism that plagues this country. Believing that the damage caused by racism must be repaired before our society can be whole, we work for just and respectful treatment for all. We share a vision of a multi-racial, multi-cultural, multi-lingual, and multi-faith community.
Our mission is to work for racial justice and system change by:
While much of our work is focused in our local area, we reach out to and are connected with the broader movements in our region and the nation.
Thank you, readers who send us information for these newsletters!
We welcome links to articles, videos, event listings, and other resources.
Because almost half of our 500+ readers are from other regions than our own, we’d love to list more events in other locales.
– We welcome your feedback!
– Please share with others who might be interested.
– To be removed from this email list, please respond with “remove” in the subject line.
© 2016 Racial Justice Rising | Theme by Mizmizi