Many people have told us what a great resource these newsletters are, that they always learn something, that they immediately share them with friends and colleagues.
If you appreciate this resource, and are able, we welcome your donations!
Use Donate button above or by check.
We appreciate your support!
Thank you to our fiscal sponsor, the Peace Development Fund.
Mass Slavery Apology’s activities:
Join us at our free monthly programs in Greenfield
All programs are at the First Congregational Church of Greenfield, 43 Silver Street, Greenfield MA 01301, usually on the first Saturday morning of the month. (Thank you to the First Congregational Church of Greenfield for your support!)
Free snacks and childcare
Our next program:
Saturday, January 9th
10 a.m. to noon
The program will be followed by a lunch of home-cooked New Orleans-style food,
suggested donation $5-$25.
Our December 5th program was Education or Miseducation: By Accident or Design? with Dr. Mulazimuddin Rasool.
Check out Mass Slavery Apology’s YouTube channel, with videos of our programs and more.
– Education or Miseducation, with Dr. Mulazimuddin Rasool
– 1676 and Beyond: Tribes, Race, and Untold Histories
– What Reparations Forces Us To Do, with Chris Tinson
– One People, One Earth! with Brother NorthStar
– Black Lives/Black History with Gloria De,Layne Matlock and Adam Matlock
Western MA news: Protesting a confederate flag in Greenfield
– Video of 12/3 antiracism protest, from GCTV
– Demonstrators Speak Out About Racism, by Aviva Luttrell in the Greenfield Recorder
Monday, 12/14: Greenfield Human Rights Commission meeting at Greenfield Town Hall, 6 p.m.
Wednesday, 12/16: Greenfield Town Council meeting, 7 pm, starts with a public forum. At Greenfield Community Television.
– I Fit The Description, by Steve Locke, at Art and Everything After
– Delaware Governor Says State Must Apologize For Its Role in Slavery, by Barbara Goldberg at Huffington Post
– America Needs A National Slavery Monument, by Blain Roberts and Ethan J. Kytle at the New York Times
– EmbraceRace is an online community of discussion and practice around caring for and raising kids in the context of race.
– America’s 100 Richest People Control More Wealth Than The Entire Black Population, by Josh Harkinson at Mother Jones
– Why Do You Think Stereotypes Are True? Decoded with Francesca Ramsey, from MTV
– Dear Non-Muslim Allies, by Sofia Ali-Kahn
– Falsely Accused Muslim Doctor Responds, by Colin Taylor at Occupy Democrats
– I Pledge To Resist Fear & Hatred, from SURJ
– The Second Amendment Was Ratified To Preserve Slavery, by Thom Hartmann at Truthout
– The spread of the Ku Klux Klan in early 20th century, from the Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
White Privilege/White Antiracism
– White Debt: Reckoning What’s Owed – and Can Never Be Repaid – For Racial Privilege, by Eula Biss at the New York Times Magazine
The members of Racial Justice Rising are ordinary people who are troubled by the persistent racism that plagues this country. Believing that the damage caused by racism must be repaired before our society can be whole, we work for just and respectful treatment for all. We share a vision of a multi-racial, multi-cultural, multi-lingual, and multi-faith community.
Our mission is to work for racial justice and system change by:
While much of our work is focused in our local area, Franklin County, MA, we reach out to and are connected with the broader movements in our region and the nation.
Thank you, readers who send us information for these newsletters! We welcome links to articles, videos, event listings, and other resources.
– We welcome your feedback!
– Please share with others who might be interested.
– To be removed from this email list, please reply with “remove” in the subject line.
© 2016 Racial Justice Rising | Theme by Mizmizi